cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 506e issues (cont)

rcole98257
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to reply to the answers to my previous post but the system says I am not authorized to reply.... so I am sorry for the duplicate posts about this.

at the client site they are using laptops with wireless connections through Cisco wireless APs to Cisco 4402 controllers. The clients are reciving their address through DHCP scope on the 4402. Their gateway is the Cisco 506e which hands it off to the cable/dsl router.

The clients can connect through a particular WAP and recieve an IP address from the controller for that WAP and make a VPN connection to Corp asa 5520.

Then the connection drops... perhaps after 5 minutes to 30 minutes. Then no more connections from this site are possible until the 506e is rebooted.

As previously mentioned... when the 506e is removed there is no problem no matter how long the clients remain connected.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are multiple clients able to connect from behind the same PIX 506E at any given time?

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are multiple clients able to connect at any given time from behind the same PIX 50E?

Yes... I have had as many as 3 connected at one time. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: