CCIE-Security Written Exam

Unanswered Question
Feb 19th, 2007

Hi.. I am preparing for the CCIE-Q exam. Can anyone say whats the new course curriculum and where will I get the study materials.

Thanks in advance..

Mrinmoy

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 2.3 (8 ratings)
srue Wed, 02/21/2007 - 11:36

another shameless self plug by brad ellis for brad ellis.

ellis_b Wed, 02/21/2007 - 13:34

Steven,

Thanks for your input! While it was definitely a plug, I think it also answered the authors question.

If you have any issues with my post, feel free to give me a call to discuss, 702.968.5100.

thanks!

brad

m.sir Thu, 02/22/2007 - 00:12

Steven

Iam looking forward to your self plug if you writte excellent guide for CCIE security like Brad

This guide is best book for CCIE written ver1. (as Brads R&S guide is best for CCIE R&S written track)

You should be delighted that top experts like Brad (double CCIE) are participating in this forum....

BTW Brad what about guide for ver2.???

Thx

M.

srue Fri, 02/23/2007 - 12:04

I consider it advertising. maybe this is a discussion for the forum moderators.

trevora Mon, 02/26/2007 - 10:31

Well I purchase Brad's book and I think it covers the topics pretty well. I would recommend it.

Unfortunately V2 exam jumped onto the horizon just as the book was released.

A free update for V2 additions would a bonus.

trevora Thu, 03/01/2007 - 11:47

Well I passed my CCIE Sec today. Thanks in part to an excelent study resource from Brad and crew. I certainly recommend it as a good resource which covers the topics pretty well.

Thanks to the authors.

trevora Thu, 07/26/2007 - 09:16

Sorry I can't do that. It is copyrighted and it's also locked so best is to get onto their web site and order a copy.

Cheers

Trevor

manjan Thu, 07/26/2007 - 09:55

yea came to know abt tht ...and i did order a copy thanks

dgahm Thu, 07/26/2007 - 17:02

I didn't see anything on the web site about a V2 edition or update. I just took the CCIE Security written at Networkers (a freebie), and can tell you that the V1 study material will not get you through the test. Lots of topics never mentioned in the Cisco Press book. The passing score was 57, and I managed a 53. I would not have done that well except for having experience with some of the new stuff like ASDM. In general, it is not an exam with very many easy single answer questions. You really have to know the material.

Anybody know of any V2 books out there? It looks like researching blueprint topics individually may be the way to go.

Good Luck, Dave

ellis_b Thu, 07/26/2007 - 17:25

Dave,

We're working on an update now. I've been waiting for the test to change a bit more since the passing score is 57 for some reason...I was sort of thinking the exam would change even more - although it's been that passing score since it came out. Very strange.

-Brad

dgahm Thu, 07/26/2007 - 17:45

Brad,

It is strange, my theory is that the passing cutoff is an indicator of the difficulty. Though I don't understand why they didn't just change it to bring it in line with the other CCIE writtens.

I might have gotten through it (by the skin of my teeth) except I took it on Monday when the cert center was a mess, and I rushed the last 20 questions. The system was very slow,with a 5-10 second delay after answering a question. They were backed up since they limited the number of testers, so I waited in line for an hour. Then they had the gall to give me crap when I needed a bathroom break during the 2 hour test. And of course your time doesn't stop for that. I should have taken a reschedule or a voucher. Oh well, I'll get it next time. Better get that update out -- it is sorely needed.

Dave

manjan Thu, 07/26/2007 - 18:57

dave did u take exam at Pearson VUE or thomson prometric ? ....I am planning to schedule sometime next week ..any tips would be appreciated ...

dgahm Fri, 07/27/2007 - 07:30

Manesh,

My test was at the temp testing center at Networkers. You won't have the same slowness problem at the regular test centers.

My only advice would be to study the V2 blueprint topics, and be prepared for a difficult test.

Good Luck, Dave

ellis_b Thu, 07/26/2007 - 19:58

Dave,

You need to open up an incident ticket and request a free re-sit. I believe because of the 5-10 second delay after answering a question, that it should be just cause for a free re-take.

-Brad

dgahm Fri, 07/27/2007 - 07:35

Brad,

They warned us about the slowness up front, and offered rescheduling or a test voucher. Because it was a free exam I chose to take my chances, so it doesn't seem right to protest it afterwards.

Dave

trevora Fri, 07/27/2007 - 00:17

Hi Brad

So hopefully you will send the update to those who have purchased your book this year?

Thanks

Trevor

Actions

This Discussion