Activation Key Problem

Answered Question
Feb 19th, 2007

The current activation key has the support of DES. we have to upgrade it for 3DES and AES.

Can i get the acivation Key from Cisco for free?

Would that activation Key be a Demo version or not?

Do i need to purchase the Activation Key from Cisco?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by scheikhnajib about 9 years 7 months ago

Mate,

By default, all PIX units will ship with DES only and in order to get the 3DES/AES you need to use the 3DES/AES activation page on Cisco's website.

This is done by Cisco to make sure that you are not using high end cryptography in a dodgy country :-) and it's for free, all you need is the serial number of your PIX.

The activation key is a set of characters that you will enter in your PIX by using the "Activation-key" command and once you reboot your PIX you will have the high end encryption.

Cheers.

S.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
scheikhnajib Thu, 02/22/2007 - 06:01

Mate,

By default, all PIX units will ship with DES only and in order to get the 3DES/AES you need to use the 3DES/AES activation page on Cisco's website.

This is done by Cisco to make sure that you are not using high end cryptography in a dodgy country :-) and it's for free, all you need is the serial number of your PIX.

The activation key is a set of characters that you will enter in your PIX by using the "Activation-key" command and once you reboot your PIX you will have the high end encryption.

Cheers.

S.

Actions

This Discussion