Value of CCIP and CCNP

Unanswered Question
Feb 20th, 2007

I want to know which certification has high value CCIP or CCNP becoz i am going for CCIP which will be beeter for my carrier , right Now i am working as LAN/WAN Analyst. with reputed organization. having a experience of 3.6 years.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jcrussell Tue, 02/20/2007 - 04:59

It depends on what kind of company you work for and want to work for. If you work for, or want to work for, an ISP, then a CCIP would be of more value. If you work for a "regular" corporation, then a CCNP would probably be better.

shailenderacc Tue, 02/20/2007 - 05:03

Currently I am working in a environment of FR and VPNs but in coming months we are migrating whole network on MPLS.

according to me CCNP have only basics of Routing but CCIP covers in depth ....isn't it ?

mheusinger Tue, 02/20/2007 - 05:19

Hi,

have a look at the classes contributing to each certification.

CCNP: BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW, ONT

CCIP: BSCI, BGP, MPLS, QoS

The main difference today (BSCI is the same, ONT and QoS are very similar) in simple terms:

BGP and MPLS vs. BCMSN and ISCW

BGP and MPLS is mainly for SPs operating with MPLS based customer solutions.

BCMSN: Catalyst switches and what you can do with them. Every day business of enterprise environments.

ISCW: all sorts of WAN solutions including IPSec and MPLS VPN (customer perspective)

So it really depends on the technologies used in a network to decide, what makes more sense. If in doubt: get both ;-)

Regards, Martin

Actions

This Discussion