cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

register the PAK of LMS

cabboud1605
Level 1
Level 1

I have failed to register the PAK of the "LAN MAnagement Solution". Although i have intered the correct license which i received from cisco.

6 Replies 6

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

The PAK/PUK is just one way to validate your install. You have the distinct possibility of running in nag mode with the scenario you discribed. The other methods of validating are to run the validation script and point it to a running Installation or point it to an original install CD of a previous version on the upgrade path.

thank you for your answer, but can you explain with more detail please, i didnt really understand

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you already have the correct license, then try the following to make sure it is applied properly:

1. Copy the LMS2005****.lic file that was emailed to you into a directory on your LMS Server and set it's permissions so that user 'casuser' has read permission.

Note -- Any directory other than /opt/CSCOpx/etc/licenses

2. Goto opt/CSCOpx/etc/licenses

3. Delete all *.lic files

Note: The LMS***.lic file you have should not be in this directory . If it is there,

move it to some other directory.

4. Stop the LicenseServer process using pdterm LicenseServer

5. Start the LicenseServer process using pdexec LicenseServer

6. Update the LMS**.lic file via the browser by going to Server->Admin-> Licensing

7. Once this is done, if this is an upgrade from an older version of LMS (2.2) we will need to validate the upgrade -- Change the directory to /opt/CSCOpx/bin using the command:

NMSROOT/CSCOpx/bin

-- Run the CLI script:

validateupgrade

You would then proceed to select from cd or remote server. If you select cd please enter

the older version of CM or RME to validate your upgrade.

Thank you for your answer.

But i havent installed the LMS yet. My problem is still in the registration web page of cisco www.cisco.com/go/license.

Because it is recommended to do that before installing the server.

If the PAK isn't working here, I would suggest opening a TAC case which will get routed to the licensing team and they can help you with this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: