2851 voice gateway for SIP clients

Unanswered Question
Feb 20th, 2007

We have a 2851 voice gateway that currently runs MGCP for inbound calls, and H323 for dial-peer services to a 4 port FXS module that provides fax services. My request is whether the 2851 can be setup (via H323) to vector inbound PSTN calls to an internal SIP client (For example: ip:[email protected])

Thanks,

-Scott

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 02/20/2007 - 14:44

i think it's possible.. however there will be no interaction among the differen protocols, that is "no vectoring". In particular, MGCP takes exclusive control of POTS interfaces.

swharvey Tue, 02/20/2007 - 17:27

Understood on the Call Mgr commanding all MGCP router functions. To further explain though, the FXS cards are not managed by MGCP, but rather via H323. The same voice gateway router is both an MGCP and an H323 device in Call Mgr.

So today for an inbound fax call to the FXS card, the call comes in the PRI t the voice gateway, is processed via the Call Mgr MGCP, is then call routed via same voice gateway as an H323 device, and the voice-peer on the router forwards the call out the FXS.

So I'd like to do the same thing, execpt have a voice-peer on the voice gateway routers, that inbound calls on the pri do the same mgcp/h323 call routing loop, but have the voice gateway router forward the call to the SIP client.

What would the H323 configuration look like on the voice gateway router to allow inbound calls to go to the SIP client:

Possibly something like:

dial-peer voice 7777 voip

session protocol sipv2

session target dns:sip:[email protected]

codec g711ulaw

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 02/21/2007 - 00:00

ok, this is possible, however because there are no POTS legs, it becomes an IP-to-IP gateway, that requires a dedicated image (_isv), and license.

swharvey Wed, 02/21/2007 - 00:05

Okay, so what does exactly does that mean, a specific ios code on the voice router? We currently run: c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-9.T1.bin

Please explain what code and licensing we need to acquire if the ios listed above does not support what you are referring to. Also, what is the syntax of the dial-peer to make this work?

swharvey Wed, 02/21/2007 - 00:20

I found the version of code you are referring to, and we are willing to look at purchasing this feature of IOS, but I need to know if this train of code will support the functions that we need/use in our SPServices train of code (for example MGCP GW, H323 Gateway, PRI T1's, 4 port FXS card, dsp aim modules, etc).

Code you are talking about: INT VOICE/VIDEO GK, IPIP GW, TDMIP GW

Thanks,

-Scott

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 02/21/2007 - 01:02

Yes, that's the one. The image works on any supported platform, for licensing issues please take it up with your sales support or reseller.

You just configure a sipv2 target to the client address. If you configure codec transparent, these will be negotiated between endpoints.

General SIP options (apply to all SIP peers) are configured under sip-ua. I would use a recent 12.4T like (9) or (11) for this.

Actions

This Discussion