Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC oracle database connect scripting

evan.proios
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

has anyone every connected a script to a database in IPCC using a stored procedure to call a package instead of a hard coded SQL query. We have millions of records in the database on multiple tables and cannot use a hard coded SQL query. Natively would be the best but I am almost sure that is not supported. Anyone who has any info please let me know.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Evan,

If you are using SQL Gateway you can only make SQL Querys based on the primary key of a table.

You can try to use 'Application Gateway' to program an application that it makes the SQL querys to Oracle and passes to ICM.

If you are using IP/IVR you can try to use the database access to Oracle through an ODBC connection from IP/IVR to Oracle. It would be the same process if you are using IPCC Express Premium.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I am using IPCC Express Premium, and am querying the database through an OBDC driver. The problem is a hard coded query is not efficent on such a large database. I need to somehow pass the query on to a package in the database and alow oricle to do the query and pass the results back to the IPCC. I don't like the OBDC I would rather have Native but I can deal with the OBDC. I definitly can not have a hard coded SQL query repeatedly hitting the database.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: