cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Associate Client to outbound calling record for tracking purposes

walteryork
Level 1
Level 1

Problem: At the end of each month, we receive our long distance bill and must manually go through the list and "try" to associate each outbound call with the respective client we were calling for. We want to track what client we are calling (outbound) in the call records to be able to chargeback phone costs to each client. To make things more complicated, our agents work on multiple clients and are not just associated to one client.

We are using CallManager 4.1 and IPCC 3.5.3.

How can I associate the outbound calls to each respective client with minimal inconvenience to the agent? What is the mainstream way to do this?

8 Replies 8

DebbyGalle
Level 1
Level 1

Set up the Client Matter Codes in CallManager.

Debby,

thank you for your response, I also wanted to associate the outbound ANI information to the particular client's phone #. How can I accomodate this using Client Matter Codes?

Providing Information to Users

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After you configure the feature(s), communicate the following information to your users:

Inform users about restrictions that are described in Interactions and Restrictions topic.

Provide users with all necessary information to use the features; for example, authorization code, authorization level, client matter code, and so on. Inform users that dialing a number produces a tone that prompts for the codes.

For FAC, the system attributes calls that are placed with the user authorization code to the user or the user department. Advise users to memorize the authorization code or to keep a record of it in a secure location.

Advise users of the types of calls that users can place; before a user notifies a phone administrator about a problem, users should hang up and retry the dialed number and code.

Inform users that they can start entering the code before the tone completes.

To immediately route the call after the user enters the code, the users can press # on the phone; otherwise the call occurs after the interdigit timer (T302) expires, which equals 15 seconds by default.

The phone plays a reorder tone when the user enters an invalid code. If users misdial the code, the user must hang up and try the call again. If the reorder tone persists, users should notify the phone or system administrator that a problem may exist with the code.

not sure why this posted twice...sorry

If I enable client matter codes, how do I make the outbound caller id change to reflect the particular client the agent is calling for and will that require additional steps on the part of the agent?

Basically we are a transparent support desk for several large companies and do not want the general user base to know the helpdesk that is calling them is outsourced. We want the caller id on the customer receiving our call to show the company number that they work for. Because our agents will work on multiple accounts, we will need to be able to set this and allow the agents to specify what, "number" they are calling from...

Under Line Settings for this Device there is an area that asks for

External Phone Number Mask

This is located in CallManager under Directory Number Configuration.

Right unfortunately I think that would be for statically assigning a number. My agents will be working for multiple clients throughout the day. So it could need to change from call to call. Would a route pattern work and if so, where would I assign the external number mask?

Calling Line ID Presentation

Cisco CallManager uses calling line ID presentation (CLIP/CLIR) as a supplementary service to allow or restrict the originating caller's phone number on a call-by-call basis.

Choose whether you want the Cisco CallManager to allow or restrict the display of the calling party's phone number on the called party's phone display for this route pattern.

Choose Default if you do not want to change calling line ID presentation. Choose Allowed if you want Cisco CallManager to allow the display of the calling number. Choose Restricted if you want Cisco CallManager to block the display of the calling number.

Calling Name Presentation

Cisco CallManager uses calling name presentation (CNIP/CNIR) as a supplementary service to allow or restrict the originating caller's name on a call-by-call basis.

Choose whether you want the Cisco CallManager to allow or restrict the display of the calling party's name on the called party's phone display for this route pattern.

Choose Default if you do not want to change calling name presentation. Choose Allowed if you want Cisco CallManager to display the calling name information. Choose Restricted if you want Cisco CallManager to block the display of the calling name information.

or

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask

Check the check box if you want the full, external phone number to be used for calling line identification (CLID) on outgoing calls. You may also configure an External Phone Number Mask on all phone devices.

Note : The calling party transformation settings that are assigned to the route groups in a route list override any calling party transformation settings that are assigned to a route pattern that is associated with that route list.