cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring VWIC2-2MFT1-T1/E1 in 2821

dnnaperkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 with a VWIC2-2MFT1-T1/E1 module installed in HWIC slot1, a WIC 1DSUT1 in HWIC slots 0 and 2. I am trying to configure the VWIC2-2MFT1-T1/E1 module for MLPPP connection. The command "card type t1 0" was issued and accepted by the router but I don't see the VWIC2 when I do a ?sh ip int br.? Therefore, I am having a hard time configuring the two interfaces on the VWIC. Any suggestions as to what I should do to resolve the issue?

Please see the screen capture from "sh diag" in the attachment.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The 'card type' command would make the router aware of the card in the slot. This can be verified by doing a 'show diag' from the privilege exec mode. To configure the serial interface you would need to configure the controller first.

Have a look at this link for configuring the controller;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml#Configurations

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

v.bhaskaran
Level 1
Level 1

define controllers too... use this command or something similar, then you will see the serial interfaces in sh ip int bri command output.

controller T1 0/0

framing sf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Can you give me IOS name.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

The 'card type' command would make the router aware of the card in the slot. This can be verified by doing a 'show diag' from the privilege exec mode. To configure the serial interface you would need to configure the controller first.

Have a look at this link for configuring the controller;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml#Configurations

HTH

Sundar

The IOS version that is on the router is C2800NM-SPsSERVICESK9-M, Version 12.4(3a)

v.bhaskaran
Level 1
Level 1

define controllers too... use this command or something similar, then you will see the serial interfaces in sh ip int bri command output.

controller T1 0/0

framing sf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

edward.vollmer
Level 1
Level 1

Removed

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card