cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded CCM from 4.1(3) to 4.2(3)

dmckelvey
Level 1
Level 1

In our lab we tested the upgrade from CCM from 4.1(3) to 4.2(3) We applied all the proper OS Levels and Patchs prior to the upgrade. We ran the CallManager Upgrade 4.2(3) Utility before the installation and all pre-install requirements were validated.

The install went smooth. There were no visible errors. After the upgrade, all services are starting properly. However, the CCMAdmin/Main.asp and the CCMService/serviceconfig.asp will not diplay the login screen.

The are not errors being reported is the event logs. Any ideas? Thanks!

I have checked all the CCM services, IIS, WWW Publishing SVC, etc and all appear to be working.

6 Replies 6

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

what exactly do u see on the screen ?? Do u see a DNS error or any of the 40X errors ??

"Page can not be displayed". I tried to connect via server name and IP address but nothing.

It is like IIS is not working at all although all the services are running.

When you go to Internet Service Manager (under Administrative Tools), expand server name, Default Website, do u see the list which has CCMAdmin, CCMUser, CCMService etc ?? If all the services are working fine, then it could be something else. Also, can u attach the IIS logs from the server (c:\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1) ??

Yes...all the services/folders in IIS Manager are there. I installed BARS just to see if IIS was working properly and I can access BARS no problem. Quite strange. I will look into the IIS logs and see if there are any errors.

I will attach logs once I get them.

Hi,

are you able to connect remotly to the server, like https://serverip/ccmadmin?

also i recommend to install the latest OS patches it would rewrite some Operating systems file that might be corrupted during the upgrade like IE or IIS for instance.

Good luck

Found the issue. Some how during the upgrade the Cisco SSL Certificate became disassocaited with the default website. CCMAdmin requies SSL. Re-assigned the existing certificate and everything was OK.