Helpful
Replies

7206 Router crash and crashinfo file

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

I put the output of

more crashinfo file

into output interpreter on CCO and it couldn't give me any sugesstions. I searched through Bug Toolkit and found no matching footprints.

Any suggestions after looking at the attached files.

5 Replies 5

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since you have CCO account, you have to use the Output Interpreter https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/OutputInterpreter/home.pl not the Bug Toolkit.

Paste the "Show version" output and the "-Traceback= 60503934 60105AD8 60109CF4"

Edit: Oops you already did that :)

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Have I hit S/W defect CSCdz57007 ?

I can't find anything in the crashinfo that triggers it except the line "Cause 0000401C (Code 0x7): Data Bus Error exception"

Did you by chance, did something before it crash like plugging new module?

I got my customer to tftp teh crashinfo file and send me that file rather than the output of the command

more crashinfo.

Then I used teh output interpreter on the tftp'ed crashinfo file and it pointed me to S/W defect CSCdz57007. But customer is running 12.2(31) which should not see this issue as per CSCdz57007.

Its hard to say, there is something about bugs notification from vendors that I rather not discuss here. It never hurts to upgrade to latest IOS even your current is GD. Whenever I have a problem and using old IOS, the first word I hear from my vendor is to upgrade to latest IOS and get back to them if I still have problem :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card