Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3) routing calls based on calling number

atorresmolina
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Is it possible to route calls by calling number in CCM? For example. Inbounds calls with calling prefix 0034 route to extension 101 and calls with the rest of prefix route to extension 102 ?

I read some threads to do the same but talk about scripts for CRS.

In IOS is possible to do this scenario, but in CCM ......

Thanks

7 Replies 7

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Try to use a Translation Pattern to do that.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thanks Juan Luis

I think translation pattern work before CCM route decision and based on called number. The result of the translation (the translated called number) go to the CCM router decision and finally CCM route the call.

How can I do routing by calling number with translation pattern?

Thanks a lot

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Dear Sr

Using only CCM, is not posible to route calls or do any transformation using ANI number.

Regards

Alex

On CCM, you cannot route using Calling Number. It can only be done on a H.323 Gateway. CM always routes using Calling number.

Hi Mahesh

How can I do it on a H323 gateway?

Thanks

Hi

For routing a call using the calling number you must match an incoming call leg using a calling number. This is done easyly using answer-address or destination-pattern for incoming dial-peer.

After you match an incoming leg yo can apply cor rules or simply do some translation pattern transformations for selecting outgoing dial-peer.

Then you select outgoing leg using calling number and you route the call using the calling number.

For this to happens you must remember that incoming called-number matching have more priority that answer-addres or destination pattern for incoming call leg. Then no incoming called-number should match.

Regards

Alex

Hola Alejandro

Sorry for my last question, I confused h323 gateway (voice router) with the h323 gateway device in CCM.

I read your answer in CVOICE.

The calling number ANI with answer-address is useful when you want to match calls based on

the originating calling number. For example, when a company has international customers who

require foreign-language-speaking agents to answer the call, the call can be routed to the

appropriate agent based on the country of call origin.

For this reason I thought could be possible do calling number routing in CCM.

Thanks very much for your explanation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: