cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 digit dialing to 7 digit dialing

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large deployment where we are currently using 4 digit extensions, we will be migrating to 7digit extensions, is there a easy way to do this? Also what do you feel are some of the stumbling blocks we may run into?.3000 sets?.Thanks in Advance!!

2 Replies 2

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

Jack

I have never done this, but would think that you could use BAT to convert your phones from 4 digit to 7 digit numbers. What I would do is setup a test with say 6 phones defined as 4 digit then use BAT to convert to 7 digit. Then you have the issue of inbound calls and that will depend on how the service provider is sending the calls to you. If they are only sending 4 digits, which you could prove by using a cell or PSTN line to call inbound to one of your new 7 digit phones. If the call connects your set to go, if not you will need to contact the local service provider. Ideally if you have a block of DID's that you are not usiing you could have the service provider provision that block of numbers to be delivered as 7 digit so you could test to be sure everything works before you convert all the phones. Once satisified that everything will work as planned then coordinate a date and time with the service provider to provision your entire DID block as you did the test block, then simultaneously use BAT to convert the phones. You didn't mention whether or not you are using Unity voice mail or unified messaging, but if you are that will have to be taken into consideration as well. Good luck.

Larry

Thanks for getting back to me! I have been testing changing the users as they are all 4 digit also (3000 + sets), I can export the user database via BAT add the new prefix and try to update the users and I receive a generic error ?.I was going to try, like you said 6 sets to expoet change the DN?s and see how well that works or not?Also have UDP?s to figure out ?.Thanks Again Man!! Unity, IPCC and CER

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: