Unity / Exhcange License Question

Unanswered Question
Feb 21st, 2007

I will soon migrate from vm only, single server Unity to Unity failover with off box exchange. We are a Lotus Notes shop, but may go to Exchange in the future.

My question is, if we buy licenses for Unity Unified Messaging Users, does this also include an Exchange mailbox license, or must that be purchased seperatly from Microsoft.


I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mchandak Wed, 02/21/2007 - 07:13

Unified Messaging does not include Exchange License. When you use UM, Cisco does not provide Exchange to you. You are expected to have ur own exchange server up and running and therefore you will have to buy the licenses.

In VM, Cisco would provide you the Exchange license as it would be using for VoiceMail only

hauchinango Wed, 02/21/2007 - 07:23

Thanks for the reply.

So, if I go with an off box exchange for Unity failover, I cannot, in the future, use that server as my corporate exchange server without getting it licensed from Microsoft?


This Discussion