move CCM to new hardware

Unanswered Question
Feb 21st, 2007

Anybody had experience on this:

I have to move 1 cluster 4.13 to new hardware(with identical name/IP, everything), including 1 pub, 2 subs. Pub is restored by using BARS successfully, it failed when installing sub into it. I believe it is because that the restored pub has those sub information already. I guess I have to delete the subs and services. Anyone has experience on this and also has a Cisco link for that

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jbarcena Wed, 02/21/2007 - 09:48

Yes, the publisher thinks that he already has Subscribers installed and probably the new one that you tried to install has a different hostname and IP address. What you need to do is to remove the Subscribers from the Publisher, then create your backup and then restore that backup on the new server.

ciscoforum Wed, 02/21/2007 - 09:52

the new sub is identical as old sub, same name same IP. Do we still have to remove the sub? or in theory it should work since the installed sub has identical information?

mchandak Wed, 02/21/2007 - 10:20

AFAIK, this would not work, as the CM is already aware of an exisiting subscriber with the hostname and when u install a new one, it would try to add it to the CCM DB as a new server. I'd suggest removing the old subscribers first and then trying to install the new one. Also, can u attach the install logs to see why the install is failing.

Actions

This Discussion