cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Back up of ACS SE failed

GohJH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, when i tried to do a backup with my ACS SE, the backup always fail. Even when doing it manually, it won't work. Any advice on the settings for it?

I'm using a Cerberus FTP server. Connectivity is ok..but i do not know why the connection always drop on the SE side.

Do i need to add my computer's hostname to the ACS SE?

4 Replies 4

ellis_b
Level 3
Level 3

No, you shouldnt need to do that. The proceedure is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5338/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008070c61b.html#wp1057928

Test your ftp server with an ftp client on a workstation to verify that your ftp server is properly setup. Make sure your username, password, directory, etc are all correct.

Finally found out what was wrong. Thanks for your help.

Not applicable

What was your problem? I am having the same type of problem with my 1113 running 4.0 code. I am trying to use RDBMS via FTP and getting the same error. With Cerberus I get the following error:

"Error closing connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

On the ACS SE side I get the following error in my RDBMS log:

"Failed to connect to FTP Server"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi,

With RDBMS please ensure that the ftp account which you are using has read/write/delete permission.

Regards,

Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: