cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.5 Parameterized Templates

att0055rj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with this feature of NetConfig. I have created the User-Template to do what I want, and I have also created the xml file with the values.

When I go to schedule the Job, I select the device, and the task. This part works fine. The next part, where I actually add the task is where the issue arises. When CiscoWorks prompts me for the file that contains the parameters, I try to hit the Browse button and the page throws an error:

Line: 166

Char: 1

Error: Invalid Argument

Code: 0

URL: http://<ip>:1741/rme/uidActionScr.do?Action=init&action=ADD&wizid=addTask&wizCancel=enable&wizBack=enable&wizAction=&wizFinish=disable&wizTitle=ADDING&wizMode=add&currentTask=HostnameChange&currentScreenID=addTasks&wizNext=enable&hideNavigatoin=false.

Then the wizard just hangs. I have tried to manually type in the path to the file on my local machine as well as where it is located on the server, but it Tells me to select a file that actually exists. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

On another Note, Is this parameter file supposed to be on the server itself or on my PC? If it is to be on the server, what path should it be under? I found some documentation on the website that says, in a windows install, the file should be located at "NMSROOT\files\rme\netconfig\cmdFiles " but the file structure is different for the UNIX install, and this folder doesnt exist. This is running on a Solaris box, if that makes a difference. Thanks a ton in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IE are you using? Can you try with Mozilla instead? Then when you get an error, type javascript: in the location bar. that will bring up the Javascript console which will give more information about this error.

As for location on the file system, these parameter files live on the server under /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/netconfig/cmdFiles. There should be a sample.txt file there by default.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IE are you using? Can you try with Mozilla instead? Then when you get an error, type javascript: in the location bar. that will bring up the Javascript console which will give more information about this error.

As for location on the file system, these parameter files live on the server under /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/netconfig/cmdFiles. There should be a sample.txt file there by default.

Thank you. It works with Firefox. You were a huge Help. Thanks!! Would Rate up if i knew how.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: