cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Enterprise Backups

wrkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I need to come up with a backup strategy for all of our voice servers. For CCM and IP-IVR I am using the Cisco BARS utility, and for Unity I am using the Disaster recovery Backup Tool. However, I can't find much information about how to backup the IPCC enterprise environment.

We run in a duplexed ICM 6.0 environment, with side A and side B routers, loggers, AWs (HDS and Webview) and PGs. I have seen some posts that reference using the icmdba tool to export configurations, but this seems to only be a manual process. What do I need to backup in this environment, and does Cisco provide any sort of backup utility that would backup my IPCC enterprise environment on a regular basis (nightly)? I know that running a duplexed environment is supposed to mitigate some of the risk, but I'd feel more comfortable if the IPCC Enterprise was backed up as well.

Thanks for any advice.

8 Replies 8

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to schedule Jobs in SQL to perform this. However, as you mentioned, your duplexed environment and distributed AW's are mitigating alot of your risk.

Anyone have a soft copy of this doc you can send to me at michael.wydra@cna.com? I can't seem to access this link.

Thanks

Hina Jabeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for this link. We are looking at our backup strategy currently and this is going to help us a lot. :)

Do you know of any good links for restoring ICM from these backups? I've not had luck importing and/or restoring databases in SQL for ICM in the past.

Thanks,

Thomas

Are there any document for backup of ICM 7.0?

are they totally same?

As far as backup schedule and restore procedure, I didnt see difference.

Regards

Hina