Speed Dials - Need Help

Unanswered Question
Feb 21st, 2007

One of our customer has CM 4.1 and they want to add speed dial to all their stores.

Since they want to see the name display what store they are dialing I thought configure those numbers as an extension in CTI ports and do CFA to that PSTN number attached to the store and I can also use BAT to import those numbers.

My concern is they want 4050 numbers which is really huge and they may expand.

I'm not sure whether CM hardware what they have can handle this, curently they have 3 -7845 H1 servers (1 pub and 2 subs)

I can't think of configuring CTI RP because of Device weight even for CTI ports when I ran Capacity planning tool it shows up we need 10 servers.

What is the best way to do it?

If possible they want to see the name display.?!!!

Thanks in advance.

Bala

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
b.hsu Tue, 02/27/2007 - 07:13

A user can configure up to 99 speed-dial entries on a phone. Speed-dial entries that are not assigned to the speed-dial buttons on the phone are used for abbreviated dialing. When a user starts dialing digits, the AbbrDial softkey appears, and the user can access any speed-dial entry by entering the appropriate index.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008063338d.html#wp1303754

Tommer Catlin Tue, 02/27/2007 - 10:02

take a look at the Citrix Application Gateway. It has great feature called "Express Directory" You can basically configure an Excel sheet with all the store locations names and dialing numbers. Convert this CSV and then dump it to the Application Gateway. Every phone that has a license for the gateway, will show in "Services" a field called "Express Directory" The employee can simply start dialing by name, kind of like a smart dialer on a cell phone. It basically has a feature to simplify dialing by name. For instance, to dial San Francisco, The subscriber could dial 726 (SAN) and it would pop up on the screen automatically San Francisco, San Diego, San Leoandro, etc.. the next number will determine the letter or store.

Its super quick and easy to maintain. The IP phones basically pull the CSV information in XML format from the Application gateway.

For caller ID, you must have some sort of translation patterns and site codes to dial from store to store. Just create names for each.

5000-5100 - San Francisco (any 5xxx number calling should display this, etc)

The box is about 3k, license run about $30 per phone. worth it for the project I was just on because of the amount of subscribers and customized address books, etc

mojoagogo Tue, 02/27/2007 - 11:41

Can the 4050 numbers be broken in to sub groups? (states, regions countries) If so you could use "My Fast Dial" keys and you name them (Mass, Calif,Alaska East North, South, West). "MFD" allows you to put a name on an entry ( Boston, Springfield // San Fran, San Die.) where Speed Dials do not. Like the Speed Dial you can have 99 entries for each list. So the user presses the "Services" key and then they should see Mass, Calif , Alaska. They press that list (Mass) and they see Boston, Springfield ect.

The lists are maintained via the web interface. Just a thought.

Actions

This Discussion