Views
Helpful
Replies

Not enough space PIX 515E

barney_best
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am new to Cisco and I have a problem. I am trying to copy ASDM 5.0.4 image from tftp to flash but I have an error: "NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON THE DEVICE". I checked the flash memory and I have almost 8MB free. The image.bin is only 8MB (so total flash is 16MB). The asdm-504.bin is only 5.9MB so I don't know why I have this problem. The version of my PIX is 7.2.2.

Could anyone help me understand what is happen

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

First of all, you are trying to copy the incorrect version of ASDM. If the PIX version is 7.2.2 then the ASDM should be 5.2.2. Try the correct version and see if it improves the situation.

HTH,

Please rate the post if it is helpful.

Regards,

Kamal

Thanks Kamal

Unfortunately I don't have the .bin file for asdm 5.2.2. The company who I work for didn't provide me anything else then the PIX hardware.

I have the asdm-504.bin from another PIX installed on our network so I thought it's working like that.

Thank you anyway

Hi Kamal

Could you please tell me how can I find a asdm-522.bin image?

Thanks

Cristian

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Barney.

The right version is 5.2.2 also, if you do sh flash, there might be another ASDM image.

Try to delete that image of asdm that is already in the flash and load the new one.

You should be able to the upload.

Thanks

Gilbert

Rate this post, if it helps!

Hi Gilbert

I deleted the asdm from flash before tried to load the version I have. The guy who was working on this PIX tried to put a version of ASDM as well but the image has 0 byte.

Cristian

Cristian - I would say that download the image from Cisco.com and see if that comes out with more than Zero bytes.

Thanks

Gilbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: