Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista and WPA1 + WPA2 ssid

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

We've tested MS Vista native supplicant on a SSID configure for WPA1 + WPA2 on ours WiSM. It wont work.

We've repeated the same test using a SSID configure for WPA1 and it works

First question : Why ?

Second question : What the difference between <wpa1 + wpa2> mode and WPA2 with wpa compatibility option enable. Did anyone do tests with that configuration.

3 Replies 3

wififofum
Level 4
Level 4

Dominic,

I haven't been able to configure the WLCs with the strict "WPA2" (only) setting. Did you have this problem as well? Running 4.0.179.11 and WCS 4.0.78.

Guys,

I've been able to configure for WPA2 only under the WPA1+WP2 L2 security model, just select only the WPA2 options. I can get this to work using LEAP as the authentication method with Intel PROSet under XP. Dominic what authentication are you using - PEAP or EAP-TLS?

k.rouwette
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem. But i can only select WPA or WPA2 in the WPA1+WPA2 section. Only WPA or WPA2 is not available in the layer 2 security. You have any solution at the moment or which version of the WISM you have?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: