I got my CCNA certification in 2006, and I want to get CCNP certified as well.
I was using netsim for CCNA, but I want to get some rack experience for the CCNP.
Primary reason for that is that a simulator can give you only that much.
Following the new examination guidelines, I need to run 12.4 version of IOS.
I have the following set-up in mind:
2x2900s (Utilizing IOS)
So here are my questions:
1) Is this a good set-up for a home lab? If not, what else do I need to include? The new BSCI book
uses 2811 with 12.4(T) IOS. Sadly, these are out of my price range...
2) I am not sure if the BCMSN exam requires experience with CatOS. This is the main reason I'm getting
a 1900. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
3) Any special equipment for the ISCW exam?
4) Should I get more routers/switches considering all exams (BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW, ONT)? Particular models in mind?
5) Any particular network modules I should be aware of? I.e. serial, isl, etc.
6) Am I good to go with an older version of IOS - 12.3x for instance, or the 12.4 contains critical
7) Any other physical set-up gotchas I need to be aware of (rack, etc) ?
Any hints,suggestions that can be given to a newbie from an experienced rack person will be highly appreaciated :)