cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Alternate Contact Number on Bulk Import

j.dyer
Level 1
Level 1

I have built subscriber templates that set the caller input key 0 to Alternate contact Number, so that we can have a user definable key 0. Is there a field in Bulk Import that i can use to initially populate it with a number -- the users can change it to whatever they want later, but during initial creation, we'd like to set it to a default per department. So far in my tests, I can set up a default number in the subscriber template, but when i bulk import, the users get a blank alt contact # & then i have to go back in with bulk edit & set it for them.

Thanks,

John

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you create a user from scratch via the SA using one of those templates that has a pre filled in number does it work? It sounds like a bug in CUBI that is not looking at that value in the template right off hand - you should open a case with TAC.

if i create a user from scratch from the SA using a template with a filled in number it does work. When i use bulk import with the same template and then go look at the users when bulk import finishes, the Alternate contact number field is blank for the bulk added users - Alternate contact is turned on, but the number doesn't come in from the template. So I then go back with bulk edit & use the same csv file that i did for bulk import to choose the users to edit & put the number in there.

I'll put in a TAC case to get the bug into the system (if it's not already there). The lazy person in me was just hoping to avoid running bulk import/bulk edit 200-300 times to get the 2500 or so users added next weekend.