cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple unity accounts for one extension? Please help

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I cannot find the solution for the life of me.

I have a main line and I need to be able to forward it to different unity accounts. I also need to be able to switch between them from someplace convenient like a phone. I have placed the main line directly on a phone and I have it manually forwarded to the unity extension I need, but I calls try and go to the voicemail for the mainline, and not the unity account that I'm forwarding to. I cannot seem to setup the main line as an alternate extension on two different unity accounts - only one at a time.

My detailed situation is I have a main line that goes directly to a unity account to give the caller options (press 1 for this, press 2 for that, etc). I need a different recording for afterhours, but I need this afterhours recording to have different caller inputs so that pressing 1 afterhours does something different than pressing 1 during normal hours. The only way I know to do this is to have a 2 different unity accounts so that they can have different "caller input" options. That's fine, but then how do I have the main line switch between unity accounts? When forwarded, it does not go to the unity account of the extension I'm forwarding to, but the unity account of the main line. I need to setup the main line as an alternate extension on both of the unity accounts that gives the caller options, but unity won't let me. Anyone have a solution to my problem? I'm running Callmanager 4.0(2a)sr2c and unity 4.2(1). Thanks for any help, and sorry for the long message.

5 Replies 5

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

U can use 2 Call Handlers and have them active at different hours. So, basically u will have to use Call Handlers and Unity Schedules accordingly

Unity extensions must be unique - you cannot have two objects (call handler, subscriber, interview handler, distribution list) that share the same number since Unity will then not know where to route a call for forwards/direct calls from that number.

As noted by the previous poster you can use call handlers to do this. Possibly an easier solution if you have a limited number of these is to setup routing rules to handle it - so say for instance the main line number you talk about here is "1234". Setup two direct routing rules that are sorted to the top of the list (so they are evaluated first) that says if it's a forwarded call from 1234 from 8am to 1pm go to the greeting for subscriber "A". If it's a call from 1234 from 1pm to 5 pm, go to subscriber "B"'s greeting.

Subscriber A and B will have their own subscriber accounts and mailboxes, of course, so they will need to use those IDs when calling in to check messages.

Thanks for the reply!

I need a solution that has a manual switch (like on a phone or simple user webpage) between the 2 greetings so that the user can control daytime\nighttime. The user needs to be able to close early basiaclly or change that on-the-fly.

Sounds like you'd be best to used the Standard Greeting and the Alternate Greeting rather than the Closed Greeting. Set the Standard Greeting to All Hours All Days and just enable the Alternate Greeting when you want to "close".

Thanks for the reply!

That is how I have it set now, the only problem is on the alternate greeting the caller input numbers have to be different than the standard greeting. And also at night time I can't stop callers from hitting the daytime numbers and getting routed to placed I don't want them to be able to go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: