Standard/alternate Greeting

Answered Question
Feb 21st, 2007

HI All,

How can i record my greeting, something like this(eg. after 3 rings a message, then another 3 rings another message so on..) on ip phone 7940 or 7912.

Regards,

Lester

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Tommer Catlin about 9 years 7 months ago

You can in Unity. Set the subscriber in unity to specify what you want to do after the caller has left a message... hang up, system transfers, etc.

Caller rings your first number

Leaves a message, Unity lets you take the message, not take a message and supply a command to hang up, or pick a function. (callhandler, system transfer etc)

so in your scenario:

Caller rings your first number 3 times

Rolls to Unity

Unity plays message

Unity will not take a message but do a system transfer to another ext. "Please wait will I transfer your call"

Unity transfer to ext.

Phone rings 3 times

rolls to Unity

repeat above.

Make sense?

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
mchandak Thu, 02/22/2007 - 05:46

I dont think there is any such feature currently available on CallManager. The phones cannot record and store a greeting of their own

Correct Answer
Tommer Catlin Thu, 02/22/2007 - 13:11

You can in Unity. Set the subscriber in unity to specify what you want to do after the caller has left a message... hang up, system transfers, etc.

Caller rings your first number

Leaves a message, Unity lets you take the message, not take a message and supply a command to hang up, or pick a function. (callhandler, system transfer etc)

so in your scenario:

Caller rings your first number 3 times

Rolls to Unity

Unity plays message

Unity will not take a message but do a system transfer to another ext. "Please wait will I transfer your call"

Unity transfer to ext.

Phone rings 3 times

rolls to Unity

repeat above.

Make sense?

Actions

This Discussion