Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS with Callmanager

rv_viji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the following scenario. CCM with version 4.2(1) working with 200 IP phones and VG (H.323) to connect to the PSTN cloud.

The VG has got the 4 port FXS card also, so we want to connect the analog extensions through the fxs ports and manage. So can we register these analog extensions on the call manager and be able to manage the call admission control like we do with the ip phones.

If not how can we manage the call admission control in the vg only for the extesions connected through the fxs ports (what I mean manage call admission control is like allow/restrict extensions to place calls outside etc.,)

Regards

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

What kind of a VG do you have ?? If it is a Cisco Router, then u can register it as an MGCP Gateway and assign extensions to it. Once that is done, it can be used just like a Phone. if it is a VG248 or VG224, then u can even use SCCP

Hi,

Yes, its a cisco 2821 router. I have already registered it as an H.323 gateway and all the outgoing PSTN calls are routed through this only, so can I register the same as an MGCP gateway also??

kindly suggest...

Regards

You can use the same router for H.323 and MGCP without any issue as long as it is not the same interface. So, I believe you are using FXO/PRI for PSTN calls. If this is rt, you can register the FXS as MGCP Endpoints

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: