there is a PIX 525 with 7.2(2) running.
The following issue occured:
- suddenly the PIX cannot find a route to one specific host
- There is a static route to the net in which the host resides.
- The hosts one figure above and below are reachable (cannot reache x.x.x.243 but x.x.x.244 and 242).
- The specific host is only from one single interface unreacheable, from the others it can be reached.
- The connection/routing works for a day and suddenly the routing fails.
- There is also ospf running on this machine (as a ASBR).
Is there a bug in the IOS?
Does static routing and ospf not work together?
What can I do to get closer to the cause or how can the issue be resolved?
Thanks in advance