Views
Helpful
Replies

1130 AG AP issues

mbaylis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the AP to work. When I check the status of the AP in through the Web browser on the 4402 controller the "operational status" is showing down?? Does anyone know why this may be? Hence my wireless laptop can not see the wireless network. I have attached screenshots of the Web interface. Thanks

This is just a small test network we have created to figure out how everything works.

3 Replies 3

cbaser007
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem running 1131AG AP's connected to 4402 WLC using 4506 POE blades for the AP's, and only 3 or 4 AP's. I see all of the AP's in the WLC, but none of the radio's will come up. Other posts infer that there may be insufficient power to bring the radios up. I disabled the "A" radio and lowered the transmit power to "3" on one of the AP's and the b/g still didn't come up. This is quite frustrating.

Are you sure your AP's are setup for LWAPP? perhaps try to console into one of the AP's and view the logs as they come up, or try a standalone power injector?

We had an issue with a batch of 1130's that acted really squirrelly until we did a factory reset on them.

The issue turned out to not be power related at all. I confirmed that by attaching local power and nothing changed. I fixed the issue by downgrading the WLC code and going through the controller setup again. This time I enabled the radios during setup. Previously I had disabled the radios during controller setup because I didn't want the radios turned up until I had completed all my WLAN config. I've now re-upgraded the WLC code to the 4.0.206.0 and it works fine. I suppose I could've just re-ran the WLC setup (without changing code levels) and enabled the radios. I'm surprised that you can't leave the radios disabled during initial WLC config and then enable them later. Oh well, it works now.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card