AXL busyTrigger and maxNumCalls not applying

Unanswered Question
Feb 22nd, 2007

Hi All

I'm submitting an AXL SOAP query as follows to try to change the busy trigger and max calls parameters for a line.

It appears that when I submit this, regardless of the attributes I set in the AXL POST, the two parameters are set to the default of 2/4 respectively.

I suspect this is because of the way the query works; i.e. it removes all lines, then reassigns the specified lines to the phone.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<axl:updatePhone xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0" sequence="1">

<name>SEP001AA27AE6F5</name>

<lines>

<line index="1">

<label>NumCallTest</label>

<display>CLITest</display>

<dirn>

<pattern>8486</pattern>

<usage></usage>

<routePartitionName>PT_Phones</routePartitionName>

</dirn>

<ringSetting>Use System Default</ringSetting>

<maxNumcalls>6</maxNumcalls>

<busyTrigger>3</busyTrigger>

<callInfoDisplay>

<callerName>true</callerName>

<callerNumber>true</callerNumber>

<redirectedNumber>false</redirectedNumber>

<dialedNumber>true</dialedNumber>

</callInfoDisplay>

</line>

</lines>

</axl:updatePhone>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Thanks!

Aaron

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Loading.
stephan.steiner Mon, 02/26/2007 - 09:34

I'm afraid you're using incorrectly. If you read the documentation, it states that only the uuid is taken into account.. so you'd need to use something like

and that's it for the directory number.

As having a element results in the existing lines being removed and new ones added, and since the new one isn't properly configured, I suspect that's why you don't get it to change anything.

BTW, what do you get in terms of return value?

If the update worked out, you should get a new uuid.

Aaron Harrison Tue, 03/20/2007 - 05:18

Hi Stephan

Thanks for the suggestion - I've used the UUID, however still no luck. Get a 200 back, all other lines on the phone disappear, and the line I ask for is applied (just as before).

No change to the maxcalls/busy trigger though.

Content-type: text/xml

Content-length: 791

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0" sequence="1">SEP123412341234

Test-mar20

Test-mar20

Use System Default

6

3

true

true

false

true

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Content-Type: text/xml

Content-Length: 521

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/1.0 http://cm1/CCMApi/AXL/V1/axlsoap.xsd" sequence="1">

{21DF477B-9210-41A1-A76B-FB51B3BFEAEF}

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Aaron

fred.s.mollenkopf Tue, 03/20/2007 - 09:48

Aaron,

Just a suggestion, on the try changing it to with an uppercase C. This is how it's written in the Schema documentation (the one is referenced was 4.1.3).

An I think you already stated but just to be thorough, this does overwrite the existing lines.

Thanks

Fred

Aaron Harrison Fri, 03/23/2007 - 05:17

Hi Fred

Erm...yeah... that was it. I feel sheepish!

I am cursing my Windows background now.

Of course, it would have been nice to get an error back from the service intead of a 200/OK...

Thanks

Aaron

fred.s.mollenkopf Mon, 03/26/2007 - 07:24

Dude I feel your pain. Plenty of times I've had the minor typo in an AXL script which has led to hours of frustration. Glad it works now.

Thanks

Fred

Actions

This Discussion