cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Holiday Schedule Page missing

apostollic
Level 1
Level 1

When I go to the Holiday schedule page,nothing is there..it says page cannot be displayed....it worked fine and then it was gone..somebody did something..any ideas

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version?

Older versions of Unity stored schedule info (including holidays) in the registry - that got moved into SQL along the way. If you're on an older version it's possible someone yanked the branch in the registry. If you're at a newer version you can open CUDLE (data link explorer found in the Tools Depot) and take a look at the "Holiday" table in the UnityDB datbase to see if there's anything there.

I am on an older version 3.01....can you point me to the right place in registry to enter that key...thanks

yeah, I was afraid you'd ask that! The oldest version I have installed handy here is 4.0(5) - you'll have to hunt around in the registry under

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\

I believe it was a branch called "schedules" with a sub branch for "holidays", but it's been a while. The holidays are in human readable format if I remember correctly so you should be able to find them with a little poking around.

Thanks for your help..>

Same problem here. I have Unity 4.0.3SR1 in a VM only configuration. Customer is going to be closed for Good Friday and went in and deleted all of the old holidays from the system. Once he deleted the last one he started getting the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message. If I use the CUDLE tool then I can see the Holiday table but nothing is in it. How do I correct the issue?

Thank you in advance for any help.

I was able to resolve my problem. Turns out in my case it was a bug. Bug ID CSCec70383.

Here are the details of the bug...

Symptom:

If all Holidays are deleted from the SA so that none are left the SA will display a 'The page cannot be displayed' error message. There is no option to add, delete, search, etc.

Condition:

This occurs on all 4.0(3) systems.

Workaround:

To correct it issue run the 'Run Schedules Configuration Script' from ConfigMgr.exe. ConfigMgr.exe is located in the \CommServer directory. Note that running this script will set Schedules back to the default as

well.

I did not want to set all my schedules back to default so I corrected mine in a different way (most likely not TAC supported but it seemed pretty simple and safe).

I opened up Enterprise Manager and clicked on the UnityDb and found the Holiday table. Right click on the table and return all rows. I then did the same on my lab unity system and filled in the four columns of this table with the information from my lab. Close the table and enterprise manager and open up the SA page. From there I was able to go back into my holiday schedules and add new ones and delete the one I manually created.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: