Regarding CCIP !

Unanswered Question
Feb 22nd, 2007

Well BSCI is a prereq for CCIP certification. However I have cleared BSCI but with the older version ( as they came out with the newer version). Will my older version of BSCI still count towards CCIP .

Thanks,

Saurabh

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
kyawzawhtut Thu, 02/22/2007 - 18:44

Hi Saurabh

Old BSCI still count towards CCIP. Which has the 3 years validity. Of course, you need to recert after 3years to keep your CCIP valid. You can go for another 642 exam as well to extend the validity.

HTH.

Rate if help to you.

Cheers!

devang_etcom Thu, 02/22/2007 - 21:04

i do have same situation like you but i am going to appear for the BGP 642-661 exam on this monday... as i did my ccnp back in 2005 so its okay to go for other three exam of CCIP...

go ahead and work on ccip... all the best...

this ccip will also recertify my ccnp...

thanks and regards

Devang Patel

devang_etcom Fri, 03/09/2007 - 11:20

hi rajesh,

its really good to complete the BGP and QOS befor you appear for the MPLS...

for BGP i read Routing TCP/IP volume 2 by jeff doyel, then i go through the Internet Routing Architecture you will really enjoy this book in reding if you are done with Routing TCP/IP volume 2... then i read CCIE Practical Studies volume 2 which is great source of the precitcal knowledge you will have good scenario and explantion of all comands with the error mesgaes...

I am CCNP certified but i appeared the old cource... so i dont have much idea but ONT is more about the QOS so read the welldem odem book of QOS i forgot the name of book but i will send the name in your mail...

let me know if you want more help...

regards

Devang

raajeshkumar Fri, 03/09/2007 - 21:59

Hi Devang

Thanks for your reply. Pls provide me the ISBN numbers of the books that you read for BGP preparation.

For BGP exam are you got any Scenario. Give me some tips.

devang_etcom Fri, 03/09/2007 - 22:47

Actions

This Discussion