cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

easy vpn urgent plz

shaila_rox
Level 1
Level 1

hi i m setting up easy vpn between two 3640 routers, 1 is a server and the other is client, ios is c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-12,, on the server i had a loopback address of 12.0.0.20, now at client under client configuration i selected mode client, everything goes well i m asked for xauth, i entered n on client a loopback is formed and ip from the pool is assigned to it ( my pool was 12.0.0.1 - 12.0.0.5) ip assigend was 12.0.0.1, at server i issued reverse-route under dynamic-map, so after assingning the ip it created a static route to 20.0.0.1/32 !!! till here its fine but wat abt the client ??? client didnt setup any route for the the receiving ip !! now suppose if i want to ping the loopback of server 20.0.0.20 the client wont be able to ping it cause the same network is found on its loopback interface right, now plz tell me the solution of it, like server is there any way to inject the route automatically or do i have to do anything else plz tell me

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

shaila,

you are full of queries????

Working on your problem.

Dharmesh Purohit

thanks, actually i m working in a lab environment thts why whatever problem i face i look in cisco for solution, and if i dnt find it then i ask u guys, since u all r working in real scenarios ur advices are always precious for me

!

crypto isakmp client configuration group Group1

key secret

dns 10.1.1.2 124.107.27.147

pool SDM_POOL_1

acl ACL_VPNClients

include-local-lan

netmask 255.255.255.240

!

!

!

!

ip access-list extended ACL_VPNClients

permit ip 10.1.0.0 0.0.0.255 any

permit ip 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.15 any

in this example clients are going fetch a configuration from the server. Access-list is provided for routing to be used by clients.

hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco