Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem AIR-LAP1242AG-T-K9 cannot downgrade to autonomous mode

inghau
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

Currently we have just 8 unit of these Aironet access points but it seems our customer didn't have any LWAPP wireless controller devices.

So after searching cisco.com i found out that we can downgrade the IOS to older version. I'm using c1240-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEA.tar to boot in my AP.

The AP can boot to autonomous mode perfectly but i'm having some other problem now (sigh...).

I believe there are something else is missing, it seems the IP Protocol having problem. I'll paste the console log below.

I'll be very thankful to anybody can help me with this silly problem hehehe.

Please tell me what did i miss i'm almost frustated finding my mistakes.

Best regards,

Ing

ap#sho ip int bri

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol

BVI1 unassigned YES DHCP up up

Dot11Radio0 unassigned YES unset up up

Dot11Radio1 unassigned YES unset administratively down down

FastEthernet0 192.168.10.233 YES manual up up

ap#ping 192.168.10.1

% Unrecognized host or address, or protocol not running.

ap#

3 Replies 3

abassett
Level 1
Level 1

I switch back and forth with my 1242's & 1130's. I have found the key is to use only the TFTP mode.

I "erase flash:" once the AP is reloaded with the IOS version, because you only get the "erase" command in the IOS load. After I have erased all of the flash I use TFTP mode to load the LWAPP or IOS. Doing this seems to resolve any weird issues.

I hope this is helpful. FYI I never use the LWAPP upgrade tool, why when TFTP mode works great and it's easier.

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your comment's actually that's exactly what i do, i load the IOS from bootloader's tftp command.

And for my problem i think i found out that i cannot put an ip address in fa0 interface. the only place i can put an ip address is in the BVI interface.

Everything works great now.

Thank you very much

Sab

Correct, The BVI interface is where you assign the IP Address.

Enable

Cisco

Conf term

int bvi

ip add x.x.x.x m.m.m.m

no shut

ctrl z

wr

done :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card