cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cw change ena pass on devices

dragec
Level 1
Level 1

How can I use cw to change ena pass on 200 devices, each device should has its own pw?

thanks

7 Replies 7

Hi,

You need to load all devices in Ciscoworks in the Inventory.

This can be done with all seperate passwords of you can use a single tacacs UN/PW.

Once you done that and the decices are known in CW you can so configurations trough SNMP on multiple devices.

So your routers are need an SNMP RW Community String and if you use an ACL put in the permit of the CW server

#########################################

#If you find this post usefull

#please don't forget to rate this

#Iwan Hoogendoorn

I already have devices in CW. How can I change ena pass on all of them. Can I somehow import new passwords into netconfig job .. or something. Can you be more specific about actually implementing new passwords?

thanks!

PS: I do not want to use RW community

Hi,

I dont think there is a way to change it without using SNMP.

Otherwise you have to write a script in CGI/SHELL ... but If the passwords are all different on 200 devices this will be a hell of a job.

#If you find this post usefull

#please don't forget to rate this

#Iwan Hoogendoorn

You can certainly use Netconfig to do this. However, if you don't want to use SNMP, you will need to use one of telnet, SSH, RCP, or SCP. First step will be to select the desired deployment protocol from RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings > Netconfig. Then, you can use the pre-configured "Enable Password" template in Netconfig to deploy this change to all selected devices.

Even if each device should have separate password?

If each device needs a separate password, you can create a user-defined Netconfig PARAMETERIZED template then build a parameter XML file for specifying what each of the devices' passwords should be. See http://server/help/rme/fundamentals/netcfg_ParametTemplates.html in the online help for more details on Parameterized Templates.

:-)) finaly something usefull .. thanks, this is something worth of investigation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: