Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM - Presence Server - LCS

alfred.thyri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate CCM (5.1(1)), CUPS(1.0(3)) and LCS(2005) using this guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/1_0_3/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/cupsdpgd_wb.pdf

Anyone successfull with this guide?

regards,

Alfred Thyri.

28 Replies 28

wim.leneer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm also trying to integrate CCM, CUPS and LCS. But I have a problem with it. More specific " Upload the signed certificate to Cisco Unified Presence Server". That doens't work. We always get the error message that he can't read the certificate.

Does anyone now a solution for this issue?

Regards

Wim Leneer

hi fellas

I have the same task. I've performed all the configuration tasks. Now i can make a call on directory number from Microsoft Communicator and the associated IP Phone rings. But another communicator doesn't catch the call, only the remote phone rings.

The problem occurs when CUPS tries to send call info to MS LCS. Nothing comes to LCS.

What i see in traces is:

07/20/2007 05:36:05.398 ESP|PID(20290) sip_dns.c(830) "SRV" Query for WS03R2EEEXCHLCS.contoso.com failed

|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:172.23.4.30><:ALL><:FFFF>

07/20/2007 05:36:05.400 ESP|PID(20290) sip_dns.c(800) Type "A" query for WS03R2EEEXCHLCS.contoso.com failed

WS03R2EEEXCHLCS.contoso.com is the actual name of MSLCS server and my domain server as well. But i guess the DNS queries should go to contoso.com not WS03R2EEEXCHLCS.contoso.com. The thing is this name doesn't appear in any configuration of either CCM or CUPS and I don't see it in packet sniffer output also. Does anyone know where CUPS gets this name?

I had the same problem and instead of using a certificate i use TCP very easy and works very good.

1 Microsoft employee told me that in order to recognize the certificate from MS you need an application to sign the certificate in Unix Format.

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

I tried and gave up, could not get the servers to play nice with each other. Went the full Cisco route using the Personal Communicator, and still having issues getting them all to play nice. At least I got phone control working, even though logins fail.

I think i have won. Everything works. I can send you screenshots of my settings if needed.

Hi

Can you please send me the screenshot because Im also doing this one.

thanks

Hello Asigachev

Can you also send me the screenshots of your configuration. I have the problem where the MOC client is not being paired with the Cisco phone.

Moc rings out using but destination moc does not ring only the destination cisco phone. And the calling moc displays "dialling" even thought the call connects.

Thanks

Feisal

my e-mail is feisal.bhatti@voyager.net.uk for the screenshots

asigachev, I'd like to see the screenshots of your working setup too if possible:

thomas.hartley@gmail.com

Thanks...

Ivan Villagomez
Level 1
Level 1

The guide is very good, just need to formet about signing a certificate.

I have all the screenshots for this instalation, and i also have the screenshots of this installation using CCM 6.0 and Presence 6.0

Is there any chance someone could send me a set of screen shots? The CCM 5.1/1.0.3 version would be fine.

Thanks

Guys,

Can you send me the screen shots as well?

chris.deren@berbee.com

Chris

has anyone got this to work? I have a CUCM 6 and CUPS and LCS 2005. I have the CUPS/CUCM working and integrated. (or so it seems)

Im trying to figure out how the MOC client actually works with CUPS. I have my SIP extension programmed into the MOC client for remote call control, but on the MOC client, "Call" is grayed out, so I cant dial anything. I figure if the CALL button was at least there, then maybe it would work.

Anyways... thought I would post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: