Upgrade ACS V3.2 - V4.0 Tacacs/Radius Key Query

Unanswered Question
Feb 23rd, 2007

Hi All

I am in the process of upgrading my ACS server from V3.2 to V4.0

I have a Production Server which will be replaced by the New Production Server and A Test Server for upgrading the ACS Database.

I have successfully upgraded from V3.2 to V3.3 then to V4.0 on my test server.

My original plan was to upgrade the database with my Test Server and Restore it to my New Production Server.

just copy the new V4.0 database to the New Production Server and change the ip address to the old servers address.

However looking through the database there are sections which are hardcode with the test servers hostname.

This has forced me to rethink my original plan and to use the original servers hostname.

This also got me thinking what else is hardcoded in the database.

My question is - When I installed V3.2 on my test server

Under the Tacacs+ or Radius Key section - do I need to put the same key as the original V3.2 database or will this key change when I come to restore the original database on the test server ?

I am just concerned that my radius/tacacs clients will not authenticate with the new server when it is put in to production with the new V4.0 database.

Thanks in Advanced

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Vivek Santuka Fri, 02/23/2007 - 03:56

Hi,

The "hard-coded" things will change automatically once the database is restored on the new server.

The only thing which you woul dneed to take care of is the change in Ip address such that the clients send the request to the right ACS.

Regards,

Vivek

Actions

This Discussion