ASA Sec Plus licensing

Unanswered Question
Feb 23rd, 2007

Hi Guys,

Picture the scene, customer has two ASA5510-BUN-K9. They do not have Security Plus license that is required for A/A HA.

In order to enable this, is it simply a software upgrade or is another license required? Seems like a daft question but it's not clear on how to go about obtaining an upgrade license. More likely is just a software upgrade. What do you guys reckon?



I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
acomiskey Fri, 02/23/2007 - 06:53

It is just a license is not a software upgrade. You will run the same software. The part # is ASA5510-SEC-PL.

hoogen_82 Fri, 02/23/2007 - 07:15

Just out of the question you have asked. A/A is not such a good option do look into its pros and cons and go ahead.



vitripat Fri, 02/23/2007 - 07:25

You only need to upgrade your license. Contact any reseller to purchase the security+ license. As stated earlier, the part no is- ASA5510-SEC-PL and it may cost around USD 1000.

Apart from that, you need to make sure that ASA is running minimum on 7.0.2 code.

Certainly there are few limitations for Active/Acive failover. The requirement is that you need to put your ASAs in multiple-context mode, and limitations under that mode can be found at following link-

Hope this helps.




This Discussion