cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID not being hidden

palukuri77
Level 1
Level 1

SSID is not being set to be "hidden" for the WAP in our office. I want the SSID to be hidden and not visible as we do want to control the access from being stolen by the contractors in our office. Please suggest how to have the SSID hidden. We can't use TACACS and other advanced methods for this control. Please suggest.

6 Replies 6

csannedhi
Level 1
Level 1

When you use Express Security feature on a IOS Autonomous AP, you have to exclusively check the "Broadcast SSID in Beacon" box.

In opposite I need to unhide the SSID on a 1811w router, I am configuring from CLI. The IOS version 12.4(2)T2.

I write guest-mode on each SSID and nothing change.

Please could you help me?. I want that clients automatically find the SSID of this AP.

Thanks in advance

General FYI, you should not think of turning off SSID broadcasting as a total security solution as you can easily download software which you can use to obtain the SSID.

Hello, do you know if it is possible on cisco 1811W, broadcast SSID with IOS Version 12.4(4)?

Thanks in advance.

sorry the IOS version 12.4(2)T2.

Hi, Do you mean by selecting the checkbox of Broadcast SSID in beacon will stop broadcasting the SSIDs?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card