cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Large file copy drops VPN connection

king06aaa
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3015 VPN concentrator with numerous people that access it over the internet using WebVPN. The users establish a tunnel using WebVPN and then access files on various servers on our network. If someone tries to copy files (Word documents) from their pc to a server on our network the copy chokes, the connection drops and the user gets an error message "path is too deep". There are no messages in the concentrator's log.

I can't figure out what the problem is. Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

kaachary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thats a known issue with WebVPN.Upgrade the conc to code to the latest one or Try using SSL VPN client.

-Kanishka

Thanks for your reply. A couple of questions:

1) I am at 4.7.2. I noticed that are actually two versions of the o/s. There is also a version 4.1.7. They both say that they are for VPN Concentrator 3015. What's the difference between the two versions?

2) Is there any way to get on an e-mail list or something that tells when these new release of the o/s come out?

Thanks

Hi,

1) 4.1.7 didn't have capability of SSL Client and Secure Desktop and NAC.

Was introduced with version 4.7

2: You can preiodically check the CCO download page, for the new release information. There's no such list.

*Please rate if helped.

-Kanishka

After I apply the new version, do I need to do anything else? Do I need to reboot the concentrator?

Hi,

everythime you upgrade the code, you have to reboot once.

-Kanishka

Will it prompt me to reboot or will it do it automatically?

I upgraded to 4.7.2.K Feb 19 2007 13:13:26.

I rebooted the concentrator and tried it again and am still experiencing the same problem.

Any other ideas or do I need to go to the client?

gregoria2015
Level 1
Level 1

VPN network sometimes dosen't copy large files, I was the facing the same problem in VPN connections. The problem was the path of the data was very deep. A friend of mine suggested me to use a software to copy deep path files, the software is Long Path Tool, it is very easy and fast to use for such errors.

Now I am using this software for any deep path error not only in VPN connections for usb path also, which cannot transfer or copy deep path files.

Reply me if this software solves your problem, I will recommend it to others also.