cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trouble making "echo-cancel enable" to stick

tim.hodges
Level 1
Level 1

I am working to try and solve an echo problem on a CM4.1 installation. Gateway is 2811 running 12.4(1r). I had echo cancellation enabled and was turning the coverage up a step at a time. Was also trying attenuation. Now when I "echo-cancel enable", it just doesnt show up in the run-config.

Beneath voice-port 0/0/0:23 there is just nothing. I get no error messages, but the enable command won't stick. Ideas?

3 Replies 3

isteam
Level 1
Level 1

If 'echo-cancel enable' is the default action, it may not appear in the config unless you enter another version of the command. i.e 'no echo-cancel enable'

If you show voice port 0/0/0:23 you should see 'Echo Cancellation is enabled'

Excellent, that was the case. I guess I didn't think about the fact that defaults don't show up. Thank you..

Hi,

I'm having the same problem on a new 2811 (12.4) with 4 FXS/DID ports. The show run of an existing  2811 (12.4) shows the parameter set to: echo-cancel coverage 64 under every voice port.  However in building the new 2811 to work the same way, the echo-cancel coverage 64 doesn't show up... the echo-cancel enable command has been applied on each voice port individually but 'evidence' of the command doesn't show up in the show run...

Why is it that the exisitng 2811 does list the echo-cancel coverage and the new 2811 doesn't?  How can the new 2811 be configured to list the same way?

Thank you!

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: