Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS VoiceXML 12.4

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I'd like to make a < field > that is optional. Currently when entering data for my field the voicexml keeps on asking for data when no data is entered (or the # symbol is entered).

How can I have a field that is optional or accepts only a #(end-of-input) symbol.

<field name="pincode" type="digits">

<prompt>

<audio src="<%=Url("audio/getpincode.wav")%>"/>

</prompt>

</field>

Regards,

Erik Tamminga

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Cisco IOS VoiceXML supports Cisco's Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) scripting feature to run VoiceXML documents. The MGCP scripting support for VoiceXML is based on existing support for Tcl. An MGCP call agent (CA) can signal the gateway to run a VoiceXML document on a channel. An argument string can be passed from the call agent to the running document, and the document can return an argument string to the call agent on completion.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800b5ddc.html

Hi,

Well, we've got VoiceXML running, no problems. But I'm having problems with the VoiceXML prompting me for a field in which I would like to enter NO data, just end the input with a # symbol. The VoiceXML script currently reprompts me for import instead of moving on to the next field. No how can I configure my VoiceXML script to move on to the next field if no data is entered (or just the # symbol)?

Regards,

Erik Tamminga

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: