Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks2K SQL Log File

aparada14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CW2K server installed and working fine, but I have noticed that a SQL.LOG file is increasing continually until there is not space in the hard disk of the server. Is this a normal situation or there is a problem in my CW2K server?? Please if anybody can help me.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly which CiscoWorks bundle do you have, and where is this SQL.LOG located? I know of no such file used by LAN Management Solution.

Hi,

This is a Ciscoworks 2000, I think it?s LMS 2.1 (old software) and the Log file is located in the main Drive (C:) or the default directory where is installed CW2K (C:\program files\CSCOpx\)

Thanks.

What are some of the contents of this file? I do not recall a mandatory SQL.LOG file even in the older version of LMS.

Hi,

The file log size until now is about 3Gb, and some lines containing this file are in the file text attached.

Thanks.

Do you have an external program that is trying to perform direct queries on the RME database?

I haven't seen any sql.log in any version of LMS and from the output in you file it looks like you have a program that may be querying the LMS databases.

Go to Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) in Windows, and select the Tracing tab. Stop tracing, then you can safely delete this file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: