Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5

cesarsoares
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I installed LMS 2,5, and I have some you doubt.

After the installation I can go up schemes it in the domain?

After the installation can be used clone of the using Administrator?

It has some problem if to install antivirus?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't understand the first two questions, but as for the third, there are no known problems with installation with anti-virus software enabled. However, we never did any formal testing with any anti-virus software. It would make things faster to disable any kind of on-access scanning during installation.

I followed the recommendations of that an user could not install the LMS using clone of administrator of the server, also could not be in a local domain the server. This is fact?

Ah, I think I understand. LMS installation must be done as a local Administrator (i.e. a user in the Administrators group). The Windows server can be part of a domain at the time, but the installation must be done as a user that can modify the local SAM and Registry.

This exactly. But the server was is of the domain, does not have problems in placing in the certain domain?

which the best option, to leave the server blocked with the using administrator, or to make logof?

An LMS server can be added to a domain as a member, but not a PDC or BDC. Once LMS is installed, there is no reason to leave the Administrator logged in to the machine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: