Hi all, need some help regarding an ASA 5510. With failover wizzard I changed to active/active. Then the ASA reboots and now I cant configure the appliance in known manner. No IP setting is possible on the interfaces and all the Firewall configs. Now I try to change back but dont know how. Does anybody know the answer?
Trying to configure Active/Active failover using the wizard has converted firewall into multiple context mode.
Now if you only want to configure these ASAs in Active/Standby mode, without multiple context, first we need to bring them in single mode. For this:
- please login to ASA via console
- this should bring you to system execution space
- from here, go to configuration mode
- verify that you ar ein multiple context mode using command
--> show mode
- if its multiple context mode, it will say:
Security context mode: multiple
- to bring this back in single mode, use following command:
--> mode single
Now ASA will reload into your normal old Single mode. Thereafter you can proceed with your normal Active/Standby failover configuration.
Hope this helps.