Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about ASA and SMBSA

hi!

we have recently purchased an asa 5510 with smbsa service. Since it is our first cisco equipment, we didn't know much about thr different service offerings. (we used hardware from other vendors, but the asa seemed to be a good buy)

In every documentation is says, that with the smbsa, I can get access to software updates and bug fixes.

1.) We are currently using 7.2(1). the smb says there are no updates for our device, but as I have heard there are already newer versions. what is the official way to get those?

2.) On the bundled CDs the EasyVPN softwares were pretty old. Since there is no way I could download installs from the CCO, where else should I turn to?

3.) The same question with SSL vpn images. The device officially comes with 2 webvpn licenes, but there is no SSL VPN client software image on any of the CDs. Without them the ssl vpn function is pretty useless.

I really feel that I should have access to the software updates section, quite frankly I am disappointed with cisco's support policies.

please direct me to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Tamas

2 Replies 2

I believe no reply means these basic requirements are missing from the SMBSA. :(

Hi

Sorry Tamas. Most people here may not be from the presales sales background and that could be one reason.

Why don't you post your query in the Security folder in Netpro more people might look into it.

Would you able to raise a TAC? If so do it and get the required assitance.

Cheers

Hoogen

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card