CCIE Voice Bootcamp

Unanswered Question
Feb 23rd, 2007

I would like to attend some sort of bootcamp for my CCIE sometime in April. First is there any real validity in them or are they just a waste? Second, if they are beneficial, does anyone recommend one? I would like to go to one that offers a bootcamp for the written exam as well as the lab. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
hoogen_82 Fri, 02/23/2007 - 23:27

Well Bootcamps in my opinion are a very personal choice. If you are really strong with your skills you could just test your self with mock labs that various vendors offer, and then based on ur scores you could take up the lab.

Bootcamps on the other hand are helpfull if you want to brush your overall skills before you take your lab exam. This is something like you must have gone through their workbooks or any other vendor's workbook, you have to be strong with your theory and then they will help you shape up well for the exam in those five days.

Well it wouldn't be good if i support my favourite vendor but here is the list u could check up their various workbooks and decide for your self. There are vendors who provide materials to train you up for both written and lab.

www.ccbootcamp.com

www.ipexpert.com

www.internetworkexpert.com

HTH

Hoogen

Do rate if i have helped :)

swmorris Thu, 03/01/2007 - 04:37

There are multiple places you can obtain detailed voice training. Any time you go for training, you should be sure to evaluate the company, the racks, the products and most importantly, the instructors and their capabilities.

Voice like anything, is just a technology. Anyone CAN train you, but how it's done will make a significant difference in the retention of information and therefore the value of the training.

Take a look at www.ipexpert.com you will find other options available to suit your needs.

If you have your CCVP already, you may find the concept of a "written bootcamp" to be a waste of your time and money. There are also books and practice tests out there that can assist with that for far less money (Boson as an example).

Scott

CCIEx4 (R&S, ISP, Security, SP), JNCIE, et al.

PS. What's the point of people fishing for message ratings? I've seen that a lot lately in posts. Don't fish for it. If a post is helpful, people will let you know, if it's not they will ignore you! :)

Actions

This Discussion