cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single user connects but cannot see network

mtakita
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who connects using client 4.8 but Outlook does not connect. Any solutions?

7 Replies 7

kaachary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You have to check several things here:

1: Are yu able to ping the ip address of Exchange Server ? If you are, then try adjusting MTU on VPN client using its "Set MTU" utility.

2: If ping doesn't work, then it could be a config issue or could be a NAT-T issue.

More details would be needed.

-Kanishka

Hi,

I am facing similar problem, however this does affect all users.I am using 3005 - webvpn, users are able to login w/o problems.

Only Outlook fails,unable to connect to server.Ping & remote desktop to the server are successful.

Appreciate any advise.

cash

Hi Cash,

You mentioned WebVPN users. There is a possibility that the WebVPN is not not configured properly or the applications are not being accessed properly. Please make sure that Port Forwarding config is correct.

HTH,

Please rate if it helps,

Regards,

Kamal

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The problem description is very vague. You have to be more specific and precise while describing the problem. We need more information in order to be able to suggest anything :

1. What device are the clients terminating VPN at?

2. Is the client able to ping all the hosts behind the above device?

3. Is it only Outlook or other applications also don't work?

4. Is the problem occuring for one user or multiple users?

Please provide the answers so that something can be suggested.

Regards,

Kamal

1. What device are the clients terminating VPN at?

>>commonly, the users are using mostly broadband cable modem/routers over @ their end.

2. Is the client able to ping all the hosts behind the above device?

>>yes

3. Is it only Outlook or other applications also don't work?

>>tested usage include remote desktop, OWA to exchange, accessing network drives & outlook; only outlook will fail

4. Is the problem occuring for one user or multiple users?

>> about 4/20 users experience such issue

it is noticed that a particular user is not able to connect outlook today, but can access tomorrow, and fail on another occassion ; w/o any changes made on vpn nor client end w the same setup.

previously, suspected to be MTU issue, but user has fail & success attempts accessing from the same remote site[home broadband]

regards

kimhoe

Most likely its a MTU or DNS issue.

If pings work, it could be the name resolution problem.

Try adjusting (lowering down) MTU on the client using its "Set MTU" utility.

Hope this helps.

-Kanishka

Hi,

Thanks for the advise.

It is unlikely the problems lies on name resolution, as the ping are run using names which resolves correctly.

As i am using SSL vpn client v1.1.1.164, i cant find MTU utility. the only other method i know of is to change the MTU in the windows registry, which i am not willing,and leaving it as the last resort.

cash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: