cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP communicator - bluetooth headset?

rokuhn
Level 1
Level 1

Can you use a bluetooth headset with IP Comunicator?

Bob

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, you can map PC audio devices to emulated phone devices as you wish.

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

To use a Bluetooth headset with a Cisco IP Communicator you need to have your PC a Bluetooth-capable (for example, have embedded Bluetooth in a laptop, or use an USB Bluetooth Dongle). Then you should pair your Bluetooth headset with the PC, and it will appear as an Audio device in your computer. Then in IP Communicator go to Preferences > Audio, and select a Bluetooth device as your Headset. Now when you switch to Headset on your IP Communicator, your audio will go to your Bluetooth. I'm not sure if it will allow you to pick and finish a call from the headset (it depends on your drivers and dongle), but it will allow you to go wireless.

Good luck,

Mike

----

Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

http://www.headsetadapter.com

Turns out that WindowsXP's drivers won't do the job. It will pair and it will connect and it says it's a headset but it doesn't show up as an audio device. Widcomm makes software that does the job. Since the Widcomm software looks for a license file you need to get the Widcomm software from the device supplier.

Bob

Yes, the widcomm stack is infinitely more complete than MS's. It is a free driver download for my thinkpad (look for bluetooth III) but I don't know if it would run on other machines.

That did it. I downloaded the Widcomm software from the IBM thinkpad support area and eventually got it working (installation and connection had some problems).

Now I won't strangle myself when someone comes up to me when I'm on the phone!

thanks

Bob

I got my PLT Voyager 510 headset to work with IPC 2.1 on Dell Latitude 505. Had to go to support.dell.com and update the BT driver.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: