Reboot router

Answered Question
Feb 25th, 2007

Hi,

What is the right command to reboot the router remotely after you telnet into it. I got 3640.

Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Paolo Bevilacqua about 9 years 7 months ago

The command is "reload".

Let me add a tip that you can use when doing configuration changes from remote, eg access-list, routing, NAT. With these commands, and many others, sometime you can break the connection, effectively locking you out. So what you do, is to schedule a reload like in 20 min. If you complete the configuration as intended, you go ahead, cancel the reload, and save the configuration.

But if something goes wrong and you are locked out, the router will reload with the previous configuration, and you can telnet again and start over.

Please rate useful posts.

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Paolo Bevilacqua Sun, 02/25/2007 - 15:12

The command is "reload".

Let me add a tip that you can use when doing configuration changes from remote, eg access-list, routing, NAT. With these commands, and many others, sometime you can break the connection, effectively locking you out. So what you do, is to schedule a reload like in 20 min. If you complete the configuration as intended, you go ahead, cancel the reload, and save the configuration.

But if something goes wrong and you are locked out, the router will reload with the previous configuration, and you can telnet again and start over.

Please rate useful posts.

Actions

This Discussion