cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

Will the new version of LMS slated to come out in the upcoming months support Solaris 10?

Why do I ask? Some of the newest Sun Hardware coming out today will only work with Solaris 10....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0 will support Solaris 9 and 10 (no more support for Solaris 8) as well as Windows 2003.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0 will support Solaris 9 and 10 (no more support for Solaris 8) as well as Windows 2003.

Hi Joe

here in south africa i have recently seen a presentation on LMS and CSMARS presented by Nico de Louwere. Perhaps you know him. I have been involved with CiscoWorks for quite some time now (Since CdOne 5th edition). My question about LMS 3 is whether there are any improvements / modifications on RME reports.

The reason for my question: I have seen more of our customer's interested in inventory management, but to do a more detailed report for them i need to make a Hardware Report and customised Module/Card Report. These get exported to CSV mofidified in MS Excel - imported the to MS Access to get matching records and thus finaly getting the full Inventory Report that states Device + installed modules and cards.

Perhaps there a database SQL like query i could run on the RME database to get this much faster. Any thoughs?

Much Appreciated.

There has been for some time the Data Extraction Engine interface to RME inventory reports. This command line tool (and servlet interface) allows one to export inventory from RME in XML format which is much more malleable than the CSV exports. You can then parse this XML, and insert it into any database you choose.

In LMS 2.6, the DEE functionality is accessed via the cwcli command. For example:

cwcli export inventory -u admin -p admin -device nms-7206a

The servlet interface can be accessed like:

https://server/rme/cwcli?command=cwcli export inventory -u admin -p YWRtaW4= -device nms-7206a

The online help for cwcli details all of the options. The schema for this XML data can also be found in the online help at:

http://server/help/rme/fundamentals/cwcli_Runing_cwcli_Export_ChgAudt.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: